[Product-Developers] datagrid alternative solution ?

monks mayankmathur at tetrain.com
Tue Aug 26 11:47:10 UTC 2008

hi
actually, im creating plone product using 'datagrid' in which , there r
follw. fields:
- Organisation name
- program name
- activity name
- activity stat and end date.
now , program field will be automatically populated on selecting Particular
Orgns. and Activity field will be populated depending upon Program selected.
fields get populated from MySql.
now i want my form design like :

       Organisation Name - Drop Down

      Program name- Dropdown        Activity name- dropdown       actv start
date      actv end date        Add new
      Program name- Dropdown        Activity name- dropdown       actv start
date      actv end date        Add new
      Program name- Dropdown        Activity name- dropdown       actv start
date      actv end date        Add new

Now , major problem im facing is, like, after adding 1st recd, when i
clicked on 'add new' button, it doesn't display values of Program selected
from particular organ. It displays Programs for only first orgns selected by
default.
For eg, suppose there r 2 Orgn, Org1 and org2
Org1 contains progms -> p1, p2 and p3 and their corresponding activities.
Org2 contains progms -> p4,p5,p6 and their corresponding activities.
now , if i've selected Org2 , then, for first record, its working fine. but
when i add next record, it again shows, program values of Org1.
I don't no , what is reason ?
I hope this detail must have cleared my problem..
so, Hoping for some Solution to this or any other alternative to create a
form like this...!!!

-----

Regards,
Mayank