[Product-Developers] How to override an adapter which is already overridden by CMFPlone ?

Rafael Oliveira rafaelbco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 19:08:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> Previously Rafael Oliveira wrote:
>>
>> I have the following problem: I want to provide a custom
>> implementation for the following adapter:
>> [snipped]
>>
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> You can't override an override. Your only hope may be z3c.unconfigure:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.unconfigure

I think I'm not understanding this aspect of the Zope Component Architecture.

Let's suppose I have an adapter called my_adapter, which belongs to a
framework called framework_1. Then I write a new framework, called
framework_2, built on top of framework_1. Then I write an application,
built on top of framework_2. Shouldn't I be able to provide a custom
implementation of my_adapter on framework_1 and my application ?

I'd appreciate if you help me to clarify this doubts.

PS.: Besides z3c.unconfigure there's another hope: monkey patch :D

Regards,

--
Rafael Bruno Cavalhero de Oliveira <rafaelbco at gmail.com>
Analista de Sistemas - Paradigma <http://www.paradigma.com.br>