[Product-Developers] Re: plone.app.z3cform widgets (what, where ...)

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Wed Aug 20 15:24:39 UTC 2008

Daniel Nouri schrieb:
> Martin Aspeli writes:
>
>> Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>>> This question is for z3cform gurus but may be interresting to others.
>>>
>>> Is there an extra/3rd party widgets directory anywhere ?
>>> Associated question : if I develop a widget for plone.app.z3cform, are
>>> there some common naming (...) rules for such components?
>>> Thanks again to the xx.z3cform
>>>
>> There are a couple of widgets in plone.app.z3cform itself. I am about to
>> make an autocomplete widget in a package called plone.widget.autocomplete or
>> something like that. I just plucked that convention out of the air, though,
>> so if other people have better ideas, I'd love to hear them.
>
> I'm fine with putting widgets that are "real useful" (and well tested)
> into plone.app.z3cform itself, just like with plone.app.form.  I'd
> expect Martin's autocomplete widget to be "real useful".
>
> For third party widgets, I'd suggest we use a common namespace as
> suggested by Martin, but maybe sans the "plone" and with "z3c" in it.
> I'd expect third party widgets to land in the collective, so maybe
> "collective" instead of "plone".  And "z3c" to avoid confusion with
> existing formlib implementations.  What about
> "collective.z3cform.mywidget", then?

 From the mails I read about widgets for z3c.form I think the prefered
namespace by the z3c.form developers is

z3c.formwidget.*

Even if people use svn.plone.org and not svn.zope.org for various
reasons, using the same namespace would be nice. I don't think so, but
if a identity-part is needed, z3c.formwidget.collective.* would make
sense, even if it's ugly.

BTW: For schema-fields, z3c.schema is used on svn.zope.org

..Carsten