[Product-Developers] Re: plone.app.z3cform widgets (what, where ...)

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:28:40 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli writes:

> Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>>
>> This question is for z3cform gurus but may be interresting to others.
>>
>> Is there an extra/3rd party widgets directory anywhere ?
>> Associated question : if I develop a widget for plone.app.z3cform, are
>> there some common naming (...) rules for such components?
>> Thanks again to the xx.z3cform
>>
> There are a couple of widgets in plone.app.z3cform itself. I am about to
> make an autocomplete widget in a package called plone.widget.autocomplete or
> something like that. I just plucked that convention out of the air, though,
> so if other people have better ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I'm fine with putting widgets that are "real useful" (and well tested)
into plone.app.z3cform itself, just like with plone.app.form.  I'd
expect Martin's autocomplete widget to be "real useful".

For third party widgets, I'd suggest we use a common namespace as
suggested by Martin, but maybe sans the "plone" and with "z3c" in it.
I'd expect third party widgets to land in the collective, so maybe
"collective" instead of "plone".  And "z3c" to avoid confusion with
existing formlib implementations.  What about
"collective.z3cform.mywidget", then?

--
http://danielnouri.org