[Product-Developers] registering a standard validator

Andreas Petermann petepetermann at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 06:45:00 UTC 2008

Andreas Jung schrieb:

> --On 17. August 2008 15:39:34 +0200 Andreas Petermann
> <petepetermann at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I am working on a product, which should make transclusions possible in
>> plone without hacking the plone/zope code. For this it should be
>> possible
>> to add a transclusion rule (perhaps similar to wiki style
>> {{USER:CONTENT}}) in text fields. The first idea was to add a special
>> validator for this to check correct syntax. Because it should be
>> possible
>> for every text fields in every content type, the use of standard
>> validators would be the easiest way.
>>

> No idea what transclusions are. As said: AT has enough hooks for
> covering any weird usecase.
>
> -aj
Transclusions are developed by Ted Nelson, which makes it possible to
include or embed content from elsewhere in your content and when the
original one are modified, your embeded/included content will be
modified too. See Xanadu or Transliterature for details.

Thanks for your answers, perhaps I should think about an other solution
to solve this.

regards
Pete