[Product-Developers] Re: Re: Change view programmatically

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Aug 13 12:29:01 UTC 2008

Eric Bréhault wrote:

> no, the view is the same for all the users
>
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Derek Broughton
> <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>> cswank wrote:
>>

>>> Well, I found it.  I used the setLayout() method of the content item.
>>> You pass in the id of your view.
>>>
>> Doesn't this mean that if you have two people using the site, the second
>> may get directed to the wrong view?

Precisely my point.  He says the default view is his formlib form, but after
filling out the form, the user should be redirected to another form.  Using
setLayout() is going to mean that the next person going to that content
item will see the _new_ layout, not the formlib form.  The only reason I
used "may" is that perhaps he really does just want every subsequent user
to see the new layout, but it doesn't look that way.
--
derek