[Product-Developers] Poi: eggs and buildouts

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Aug 6 23:28:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a few announcements about Poi.

- Products.Poi 1.1 and 1.1.1 are now also available as eggs on the
  cheese shop.

- For developers: the Products.Poi/buildout svn directory has been
  renamed and restructured, so pay attention when you were using this.

eggs
----

Products.Poi trunk has already been "eggified" for a while, meaning:

- in http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.Poi/trunk you will
  find a setup.py and a directory structure Products/Poi

- it is available as egg from the cheese shop:
  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.Poi

That is trunk.  Branch 1.1 is still in the old location and will
remain there, with a flat directory structure.  So just
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Poi/branches/1.1 with
subdirectories browser, content, etcetera.  Just like any old-style
product.

But i have now created
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.Poi/branches/1.1 as an
eggified wrapper around that old branch.  Meaning:

.../collective/Products.Poi/branches/1.1/ has a setup.py and a
subdirectory 'Products' with an svn:externals property pointing to
.../collective/Poi/branches/1.1

Same for the 1.1 and 1.1.1 tags.

I used that to upload eggs for those two versions to the cheese shop.

I saw someone else (I don't remember who) doing this trick with
eggifying using svn:externals a week or so ago and it looks like it is
working just fine.

Both eggs define Products.AddRemoveWidget and Products.DataGridField
as dependencies.

So fans of using eggs in their buildout.cfg instead of using
plone.recipe.distros can rejoice! :-)

buildouts
---------

For developing Poi you could use this buildout:

https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.Poi/buildout/poi30/trunk

The poi30 name was not so clear/correct (it meant: poi for Plone 3.0 -
so what about Plone 3.1?)  and it did not really need the whole
trunk/tags/branches structure within it.  So I restructured this.  The
directory that contains the buildouts is now at:

https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.Poi/buildouts

Notice the plural.

Currently these two buildouts are available:
- buildouts/trunk
- buildouts/branches/1.1

Incidentally, that branch uses the eggified version of the
Products.Poi 1.1 branch mentioned earlier.  See the src/ directory.

I might create a variant of the 1.1 branch for testing with Plone 2.5
too.

Cheers,

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/