[Product-Developers] Re: Poi, states and workflow

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Aug 4 22:39:35 UTC 2008

Alberto Lopes, on 2008-07-31:

> Dear fellas, (message copied from General Questions board)
>
> First of all, I'd like to congratulate everybody involved in the making of
> Poi - an excellent product: simple, useful and beautiful.

On behalf of me and everyone else: thanks. :)

> Then, I'd like to know if someone can help me configuring a different set of
> states for an issue. The idea is to use Poi as a "non-software issue". For
> example, states like "waiting vendor response", "waiting financial dept
> response", etc.

Like mentioned here: http://plone.org/products/poi/issues/96 the
workflow states are currently too much hardcoded, making it difficult
to adapt it to your needs.

Having said that, in the basis it would be just a matter of copying
the poi_issue_workflow and changing it to what you want.  Easiest
would probably be to do this in the ZMI, in portal_workflow, and using
portal_setup to export your new workflow settings to an own
product/package.

If you run into problems with specific areas where Poi is too
hardcoded, please report that here or add some info to the issue I
mentioned.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/