[Product-Developers] Status of archetypes.sqlalchemystorage and collective.lead (tpc branch)

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 16:32:29 UTC 2008

Rudá Porto Filgueiras wrote:

> Now I have some code and tests working for 1 and 2, but get trouble
> with archetypes.sqlalchemystorage that depends on especifc version of
> collective.lead:
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.lead/branches/sqlalchemy-0.4
>
> This version don't support transaction.savepoint and have some unique
> event dispatch used by archetypes.sqlalchemystorage.
> These events are:
>
> class SessionFlushedEvent(SessionEvent):
>     implements(ISessionFlushedEvent)
>
> class BeforeSessionFlushEvent(SessionEvent):
>     implements(IBeforeSessionFlushEvent)
>
> Why these events don't get merged into collective.lead trunk?
> There is any other aprouch (hooks) to be used by
> archetypes.sqlalchemystorage by this porpouse:

This functionality would be better implemented with a MapperExtension rather
than an event fired from a SessionExtension.

> I also check another collective.lead branch that supports savepoints:
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.lead/branches/elro-tpc/
> Is it the base for collective.lead 2.0 right? What is it status? Beta,
> Alpha?

It ended up as zope.sqlalchemy. I merged a zope.sqlalchemy dependency into
trunk but broke the persistent database configuration pattern in the
process. I don't have an immediate need for a new collective.lead version,
so will probably refactor it again based on z3c.saconfig before making a 2.0
release.

Laurence