[Product-Developers] AttachmentField -- converting PDFs -- Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers

Ryan Smith rsmith985 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:40:41 UTC 2008

On 4/22/08, Hedley Roos <hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Ryan Smith wrote:
> > I am trying to use AttachmentField for adding attachements.  It works like
> > charm for Word Files.  However when I try to upload a pdf file I get
> > "Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers"
> >
> > I have xpdf and the other dependencies installed.  From what I can tell
> the
> > conversion works but it fails somewhere else.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this before or do you have any suggestions?
> Do
> > I need some other file/library?
> >
> > Plone 2.5.3
> > Zope 2.9.6
> > AttachmentField 1.3.13
> > Archetypes 1.4.2
> > xpdf 3.0.2
>
> You are probably going to have to use pdb for this. I would guess that
> somewhere a FileUpload object is trying to be persisted.
>
> May be a newer version of AttachmentField fixes this. It seems the
> latest version is compatible with Plone 2.5.4.
>
> How about sending a traceback?

I will have to play around with pdb some to see if I can gain any
insight from it.

Here is an abbreviated Traceback (Site on an internal network, so no copy/paste)

ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://..../testproduct.2008-04-22.9429228094/base_edit
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 122 in publish
  Module Zope2.App.startup, line 240, in commit
  Module transaction._manager, line 96, in commit
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 553, in _store_objects
  Module ZODB.serialize, line 407, in serialize
TypeError: Can't pickle objects in acquisistion wrappers.

The main thing I am trying to accomplish with doing this is to display
DOC/PDF files inline.  Do you know of any other good tools for doing
this?  I was trying to avoid dealing with plone_transforms manually,
but I may end up just trying to figure that out.