[Product-Developers] Status of PloneJobBoard

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Apr 21 13:03:39 UTC 2008

Ricardo Alves-2 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> For a project I'm currently working on, I need a job board solution.
> Years ago, I implemented a JobMarket product, similar to PloneJobBoard,
> but with a more strict location policy, i.e. offers/postings need to be
> inside the board and applications/responses inside the offers. It also
> supports CVs associated to users and used to fill the application form.
> Now I would like to use something actively developed and maintained by
> the community.
>
> I looked at PloneJobBoard in the collective, and noticed there are no
> developments for the last two years. Is there anyone working on this
> product? What future developments should it have?
>
> I'm not sure if I start a new project (collective.jobmarket) that would
> make more use of the component architecture, or if I continue the
> development of PloneJobBoard for Plone3...

PloneJobBoard worked last time I worked on it, and is used in a few places,
but it's a bit long in the tooth. If I were to start again, I wouldn't use
Archetypes for job responses - I'd probably use formlib forms and
lightweight data storage.

I don't know of anyone working on it, though it is brought up from time to
time, so there probably is an interest in this type of product.

Martin