[Product-Developers] reindexObjectSecurity in CatalogMultiplex

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Sat Apr 19 04:52:14 UTC 2008

The reindexObjectSecurity implementation in Archethypes'
CatalogMultiplex.py doesn't make sense and is broken if you have
multiple catalogs registered. It tries to reindex the object in all
catalogs registered with archetype_type tool. If I have other catalogs
registered they are usually ZCatalog instances, not CatalogTool
instances. As a result reindexObjectSecurity gives an attribute error on
unrestrictedSearchResults. Furthermore, I don't think other catalogs
need to reindex security settings since they are not used by Plone to
determine if objects should be visible or not.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za