[Product-Developers] Re: finishing a product

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 19:02:55 UTC 2008

Maurits van Rees-3 wrote:

> As first line after the doc string in the emailListListener function I
> would put: import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
> Then restart zope on the foreground, perform a transition on an
> Announcement and see if you actually get into the pdb session on the
> command line.

Thank you, Maurits.  I think I'm getting close: restarting Zope with the pdb
statement did trigger a traceback when I transitioned the object state;
removing the statement permits Zope and the transition to run without error.
Of course, although the transition occurs, the email is never fired; I
suspect that some values, such as the To: (from the 'mailingList' field in
the created object, not from a list of valid Plone users) are not properly
defined:
http://deesto.pastebin.com/f689f6b73