[Product-Developers] Re: How to run a site

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Apr 13 10:51:32 UTC 2008

Hoang Bao Thien wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I now try to display my own site in the Plone. My site has been created
> by my self in the folder 'ACVSYS' in the Zope. But I do not know how to
> run it. I have tried with http://localhost/ACVSYS but it does not work.

Please use the plone-user list. However, I suspect you'll need to do
some background reading. Zope and Plone are not web servers like Apache
that serve up static HTML files from the filesystem by mapping specific
directories to URLs. You start Zope, go to a Plone site and create your
content there, using the web interface.

Martin