[Product-Developers] Re: Releasing products (betas) and pypi

Dylan Jay gmane at dylanjay.com
Sat Apr 12 06:49:19 UTC 2008

Tim Hicks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A secondary question is: should I be uploading eggs for beta releases to
> pypi (which I've never used), or is that bad form?  (I've seen
> complaints recently about the amount of garbage there is in pypi.)
>
> In general, then, how are people making product releases of this sort?

No one seem to be have answered this question. I can't say except from
an end users perspective and my answer would be yes. I want to put your
Products.Quills into eggs= in my buildout, run buildout and everything
is done for me. I want this to get every release including beta releases
and I don't want betas I will put a version number in.
This is how I use plone4artists and portlet.static for instance.

Is it true that the work on PloneSoftwareCenter will merge with pypi so
publishing your products is as simple as uploading to PSC or plone.org?