[Product-Developers] finishing a product

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:36:55 UTC 2008

I'm developing an "old-style" product (tried using buildout and could
not resolve all the errors) and I could use a bit of help in finishing
things up.  I have an Event-ish content type:
http://deesto.pastebin.com/f781c1a09
... and a Folder-ish content type to hold the other content:
http://deesto.pastebin.com/ff0ad888

The main things I still need to do are:
- Hook an email script into this, so that publishing an object fires
off a notification via email.  I have written an email script, but I
don't know where to put it or how to call it from my product.
- I've been told that I should use an "event handler" for this, which
would require a registration in configure.zcml, but my attempts to
create one (and place it at the root of the product directory) result
in errors:
http://deesto.pastebin.com/f4d16e1bd
- I would like to modify the Folder-ish type to allow a single
Collection/Topic/Smart Folder object to be created within it (or to
create one automatically), and to make this the default view for the
folder-ish object.  I can use "allowed_content_types" and add "Topic"
to the list, but how to restrict this to just one of these objects,
and to allow Topic to be used as a default view?

Thanks for your help.

~John