[Product-Developers] Archetypes livesearch widget

Hedley Roos hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon Apr 7 08:13:33 UTC 2008

> http://dev.plone.org/archetypes/browser/MoreFieldsAndWidgets/AutocompleteWidget
> has been around for a few years and works fine.
>
> Wichert.

It does not seem to use ajax?

I've been wanting to make my own selection widget for a while, but I
should probably help out with UberSelectionWidget or something similar.

I want to implement a "cache" in some hidden DOM element (probably an
ordered list since the browser will sort alphabetically). Then your
<select> queries the cache with normal javascript. If the cache misses
then the auto-complete returns false, but the cache goes off and makes
an ajax call to the server and retrieves a few more auto-complete
candidates. The next time the cache might hit, else the process continues.

Hedley