[Product-Developers] Re: please recommend (or warn me off) a linux... [Solved - Thank You All]

PythonHack pythonhack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 00:22:44 UTC 2008

Plonistas are the greatest!

- Unanimous votes all around for Ubuntu, so that was a no-brainer.

- I last night installed Dapper server(6.09.2) but replaced it today
with Gutsy server (7.10) once I understood python2.5 could be readily
circumvented (as noted below and/or by using chroot)

- Extra thanks to Gustavo Orrillo who promptly and gladly answered my
email questions last night and today (without yelling out "April Fools"
I should add)

- By the release of 8.04 I will probably be ready to upgrade or
reinstall to the new LTS, which seems a really good idea.

- I had a couple snags (relatively minor) with Dapper, none with Gutsy.

I've been looking forward to this day for a long time.  Thanks everyone!
Ian