broken rename after creation due to initializeArchetype tweak

David Bain david.bain at alteroo.com
Thu Sep 27 14:19:28 UTC 2007

I'm trying to figure out how to get back rename after creation support

I added a custom "initializeArchetype" method to my archetype.
The method does what I need, but since adding it, rename after creation no
longer works.

My archetype is a folderish type called meeting and the method uses
invokeFactory which adds content upon creation.

Here is the method:

def initializeArchetype(self, **kwargs):
       """ hardcoded, UNEP specific
            way of pre adding document collections
            eventually you will be able to preset
            collection types.
       """
       for item in document_types:
            self.invokeFactory(id=item[0], title=item[1],
type_name='MeetingDocumentCollection')

currently all my types get added to the portal with names like "
meeting.2007-09-26.0637536994" I need to get rename after creation back :(

For reference the code for this product is in the collective at
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/meeting/