LinguaPlone Folder Translation Story

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 27 13:23:03 UTC 2007

David Bain wrote:
> What I need is something that adapts folders to support something like
> "internationalion title", then I could create a navigation bar that gets
> translated titles lifted from each folder's "i18n title".
>
> If I was more fluent with the whole adapter stuff I figure I could rub
> up a first draft in 10 to 20 minutes

I'm not sure it would be that trivial, as all the navigation stuff
(the nav box, bread crums, site map but also folder listings) are
done based on catalog queries and their returned brains (proxy
objects) for performance reasons (like it or not; that's not the
question here).

So for your use case you would need a way to have the catalog return
the right things based on current language provided it's been made
available to it in the first place.

Raphael