Old custom products and plone 3?

incunabulum list at incunabulum.de
Wed Sep 26 10:31:52 UTC 2007

Hi there,

with Plone 3 being out of the door for quite a while I am thinking about
upgrading some old (quite simple) products from the Plone 2.0 / 2.1 days...
Generic Setup vs. QuickInstaller, ZopeSkel, Viewlets etc. are a bunch of
issues I may need to look into.

So, now I am looking for pointers about the best way to do this. What would
you suggest? Just patch the old product to get it working ? Or restart from
scratch and develop some migration script? Is there some DIY-Product script
available?

BTW: How do you define default views with Plone 3 and the old quickinstaller
routines?

cu, Michael (Sorry, probably dumb questions.... but the documentation are on
plone.org makes it quite difficult to find out what is current and what not)