PloneHelpCenter svn status

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Sep 20 18:32:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:49:40 -0700, Steve McMahon
<steve at dcn.org> wrote:

> Rather than trying to stop changes in the PloneHelpCenter trunk, I've
> copied it off to branches/1.0, which will be the repository for work on
> the upcoming 1.0 release.
>
> PloneHelpCenter/trunk is now for work on 1.5.0. Compatibility target for
> 1.5 is Plone 2.5.x and Plone 3.0.x.
>
> branches/1.0 has a compatibility target of Plone 2.1.x and 2.5.x. May it
> live a short life.
>
> If you want to do work that's for Plone 3+ only, please open a branch.

I'm not very convinced one way or the other, but would it make sense to
call trunk "2.0" and make it only support 3.0 and up? Not sure how trivial
it is to support 2.5 and 3.0 at the same time, and it would be nice to get
rid of some cruft and target the 2.0 release to be used on plone.org once
it moves to 3.0 — and then let PHC 1.0 be the option for people on 2.1 and
2.5.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net