Installing a python package for tests

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Sep 17 21:21:02 UTC 2007

>> You explained a lot of stuff here, but you haven't backed your statement
>> that installPackage cannot call registerPackage if it has not been called
>> yet.
>
> I never researched this. I tried to give you some pointers so that you
> could maybe look into it yourself.

I am able to look at it myself. More below.

>> I am worried that lots of people will be bitten by this issue and since
>> the code to work around it is non-trivial to figure out, this will be a
>> major source of pain.
>
> All code that's not documented is non-trivial to figure out. I don't think
> this is particularly complicated in light of the other stuff we already do
> with tests and test setup and layers.

That's not a good measurement. Saying that building a car is not complicated
compared to a nuclear bomb doesn't mean anyone can build a car.

>> My opinion is that we need a better answer to this question than 'just
>> copy some random lines from borg and don't ask questions'.
>
> Dude. That's not at all what I did, I tried to explain as best I could. If
> it's not good enough for you, go read the source, and if you can figure
> out a better way, propose a patch.

It's completely fine for me. I am able to read the source and figure out. I
am trying to raise awareness that other people might not be able to do so.
We need to be conscious as 'Plone Developers' of our responsibilities on
making not only Plone accessible but Plone Development too.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, Inc.