integrating a new markup parser

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Sep 12 17:01:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:09:06 -0700, Toni Mueller
<toni.mueller at oeko.net> wrote:

> in the course of a migration project, I need to marry Plone3 with
> MoinMoin in a way that allows me to migrate MoinMoin content to Plone.
> So far, I'd like to add a parser along with some config data that hooks
> it up to the rest of the interface, so users can choose to edit their
> pages using MoinMoin syntax, or I can add MoinMoin pages in bulk, via
> WebDAV.

Not knowing anything about the MoinMoin syntax parser, you could
conceivably add it to the supported markup languages in your Plone site.
We already support lots of different markups (Structured Text,
reStructured Text, Textile, Markdown), so it should be possible to add in
MoinMoin as one of these supported syntaxes, especially since Moin is
written in Python.

And if you do, I'm sure people would appreciate a product on plone.org for
it too. :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net