Customizing Plone portlet

George Lee georgeleejr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 06:02:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

With the new plone.portlets infrastructure, how do I go about customizing an
existing plone.portlets portlet such as the calendar portlet? ... and in a
site-specific or theme-specific way.

Looking at plone.app.portlets, metaconfigure.py and metadirectives.py, it
seems like I can do this by having  the following ZCML:

    <plone:renderer
      portlet="plone.app.portlets.portlets.calendar.ICalendarPortlet"
      class=".calendar.CustomRenderer"
      layer=".interfaces.IThemeSpecific"
    />

Is this correct?

A related question -- when defining metadirectives, how does Zope know to
assign the value for "class" and "for" to the variables "class_" and "for_"?

Peace,
George