Local interface registrations, and GenericSetup with local subscriber registrations

George Lee georgeleejr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 17:37:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Is there GenericSetup support to register subscription adapters to a Plone
site (acting as a local site manager)? I see in the API that this can be
done in Python code, but don't know if there is GenericSetup support.

Also -- I think it's a stretch -- is it possible to register interfaces on a
local basis? So that instances of class Products.MyType.MyType would
implement IFoo on some local sites but not globally? This way if I had a few
types
   Products.MyType.MyType
   Products.MyType.MyType2
   Products.MyType.MyType3
that I wanted to all have the same adapter, I could create one locally
registered adapter from IFoo and make MyType, MyType2, MyType3 implement
interface IFoo -- as opposed to locally registering the same adapter from
IMyType, IMyType2, IMyType3.

Peace,
George

P.S. Is this an okay list to be writing these questions to?