failed ZopeSkel

Johnpaul Burbank jpburbank at tegus.ca
Sat Oct 27 04:53:58 UTC 2007

In an attempt to get better aligned with Plone 3 I am trying to get
ZopeSkel ala "Professional Plone Development". Unfortunatley I am
running into an error. When I enter into the command line,
     easy_install ZopeSkel
I get errors. Below is the output with out a large part of the body
taken out for brevity. Also, this is being run on OS/X 10.4, python
2.4.4. Thank you.

-Burbank

     Searching for ZopeSkel
     Best match: ZopeSkel 1.1.2
     Processing ZopeSkel-1.1.2-py2.4.egg
     ZopeSkel 1.1.2 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

     Using /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/
python2.4/site-packages/ZopeSkel-1.1.2-py2.4.egg
     Processing dependencies for ZopeSkel
     Searching for Cheetah
     Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Cheetah/
     Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Cheetah/2.0
     Reading http://www.CheetahTemplate.org/
     Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Cheetah/1.0
     Best match: Cheetah 2.0
     Downloading http://downloads.sourceforge.net/cheetahtemplate/
Cheetah-2.0.tar.gz?download
     Processing Cheetah-2.0.tar.gz
     Running Cheetah-2.0/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/
easy_install-l6UkIV/Cheetah-2.0/egg-dist-tmp-34uZKJ
     warning: no files found matching '*.cfg'
     warning: no files found matching 'examples'
     warning: no files found matching 'docs'
     warning: no files found matching 'bin'
     warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'docs'
     warning: no files found matching '*' under directory 'examples'
     warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found
under directory 'src'
     warning: no previously-included files matching '*~' found under
directory 'src'
     warning: no previously-included files matching '*.aux' found
under directory 'src'
     warning: no previously-included files matching '*~' found under
directory 'docs'
     warning: no previously-included files matching '*.aux' found
under directory 'docs'
     gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'i686-apple-darwin8-
gcc-4.0.0': No such file or directory
     In file included from src/_namemapper.c:15:
     /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/include/
python2.4/Python.h:18:20: error: limits.h: No such file or directory
     /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/include/
python2.4/Python.h:21:2: error: #error "Something's broken.
UCHAR_MAX should be defined in limits.h."
     src/_namemapper.c:459: error: initializer element is not constant
     src/_namemapper.c:459: error: (near initialization for
'namemapper_methods[5]')
     lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//
cc4tWx1J.out
     error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with
exit status 255