PressRoom Issue

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Sat Oct 27 00:50:02 UTC 2007

Eric S. Tyrer II wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> We've migrated our 2.5.2 site to 3.0.2 It wasn't flawless but we had
> much to carryover. We had PressRoom 1.1.1 on the 2.5.2 site as prep for
> our migration... It wasn't used but it was installed.
>
> Now the problem... On our 3.0.2 site i've downloaded v. 3.0 final, make
> sure ownership is good, and then click install (either preferences,
> add+remove or portal quick-installer fails to show the product installs.
> Trying Generic Setup indicates everything is normally imported .. but no
> workee..
>
> Strangely, the product works. I am able to create a pressroom folder,
> clip, and contacts... but the product doesn't seem to be installed.
> Checking the error log shows..
>

>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 367, in
>>   installProduct
>>    - __traceback_info__: ('PressRoom',)
>>   Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
>>    - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /york>,), {}, None)
>>   Module
>>   /opt/Plone-3.0.2/zeocluster/client1/Products/PressRoom/Extensions/Install.py
>>   , line 20, in install
>>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 211, in setImportContext
>>   Module Products.GenericSetup.registry, line 584, in getProfileInfo
>> KeyError: 'CMFPlone:plone'
>>

> What's a keyError? Is there something lurking in the catalog that is
> preventing it from installing properly?
>

> Creating a new plone site on the same instance... does not replicate
> this issue. much obliged if anyone can throw some light on this. We'd
> really like to use the product in our shiny new 3.0.2 site.

Eric-

As its release state (perhaps less clearly than they should!), PressRoom
1.1.1 is not compatible with Plone 3.0.

Please upgrade to PressRoom 3.0, which is (as its version number
hopefully implies) Plone 3.0 compatible.

If you find any bugs, please report them to our issue tracker at
http://plone.org/products/pressroom/issues

Thanks!

-jon