PressRoom Issue

Eric S. Tyrer II etyrer at york.cuny.edu
Fri Oct 26 03:50:02 UTC 2007

Hi everyone.

We've migrated our 2.5.2 site to 3.0.2 It wasn't flawless but we had
much to carryover. We had PressRoom 1.1.1 on the 2.5.2 site as prep for
our migration... It wasn't used but it was installed.

Now the problem... On our 3.0.2 site i've downloaded v. 3.0 final, make
sure ownership is good, and then click install (either preferences,
add+remove or portal quick-installer fails to show the product installs.
Trying Generic Setup indicates everything is normally imported .. but no
workee..

Strangely, the product works. I am able to create a pressroom folder,
clip, and contacts... but the product doesn't seem to be installed.
Checking the error log shows..

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 367, in
>   installProduct
>    - __traceback_info__: ('PressRoom',)
>   Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
>    - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /york>,), {}, None)
>   Module
>   /opt/Plone-3.0.2/zeocluster/client1/Products/PressRoom/Extensions/Install.py
>   , line 20, in install
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 211, in setImportContext
>   Module Products.GenericSetup.registry, line 584, in getProfileInfo
> KeyError: 'CMFPlone:plone'

What's a keyError? Is there something lurking in the catalog that is
preventing it from installing properly?

Creating a new plone site on the same instance... does not replicate
this issue. much obliged if anyone can throw some light on this. We'd
really like to use the product in our shiny new 3.0.2 site.

Regards.

Eric