Porting user sync code from 2.1.3, get Error in PAS code getUtility()

jgayle jrgayle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 03:26:15 UTC 2007

jgayle wrote:

> The original code is run from a .zctl script scheduled with cron.

Ok, so from the #plone irc I was informed that a publishTranversal is not
executed from zctl scripts. I assumed this was done with a call to
unrestrictedTraversal('site_root') but I guess not. So now the question is
how to you initiate a publishTraversal in a zctl script such that a local
site manager is set?

I have looked for hours and can't seem to piece this together. Is this even
possible with Plone 3?