Do not remove downloads from plone.org

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Oct 25 10:05:09 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli skrev:

> If you put this in your ~/.buildout/default.cfg, you'll get all eggs
> ever downloaded in ~/.buildout/eggs and all tarballs in
> ~/.buildout/downloads. So you won't have to download them yourself
> separately. ;)

The problem is not what I do. I am usually paranoid enough about
breakage that I have everything I need to get stuff back up and running.

But sometimes I have people asking for support for a broken site/server,
that are not as nitpicky about what they do.

Eg they expect to be able to rebuild Zope and other external products
from a download, and so only have backed up the Products folder with
their inhouse products.

Especially getting the correct external products can be a real pain.

What I am worried about is that it will be as big a pain to get the
parts of a specific older buildout.

As far as I can see, buildout and eggs are being heralded as installers.
Not only as "make" replacements for advanced developers only. That is my
main worry.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/