Do not remove downloads from plone.org

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Thu Oct 25 06:00:08 UTC 2007

wichert wrote:

> I want to remind everyone that you should never remove or rename a
> download once you have uploaded it to plone.org: doing so is likely to
> break other peoples setup. This also holds for anything else that change
> URLs for released software, such as renaming a release.

Hear, hear!

Please do not delete or remove older releases. Even if buildouts fetch files
from a more robust hosting solution one day, there is still the issue of
older READMEs or other docs that might reference specific older releases by
URL or by name.

FWIW, I had to adjust a buildout a while back as this package went away one
day ...

http://plone.org/products/ploneldap/releases/1.0/PloneLDAP-1.0rc2.tar.gz

My mild annoyance was mitigated by the fact that the software (PloneLDAP)
works quite well :)