Do not remove downloads from plone.org

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Oct 24 23:06:19 UTC 2007

Carl Brewer wrote:

> No, you're not.  I always keep a copy of anything I install in my own
> local src directory.  I work on the presumption that when I need to
> rebuild something, its hosting website will be down, the versions
> changed (dependency messes and all) and the author AWOL, and I have a
> client standing over me demanding that it be 'just like it was' Right Now!

Of course, that's sensible

> I assume buildout can use something like this.  Relying on remotely
> hosted and maintained stuff for production systems is a disaster waiting
> to happen.

If you put this in your ~/.buildout/default.cfg, you'll get all eggs
ever downloaded in ~/.buildout/eggs and all tarballs in
~/.buildout/downloads. So you won't have to download them yourself
separately. ;)

[buildout]
download-directory = /home/you/.buildout/downloads
download-cache = /home/you/.buildout/downloads
eggs-directory = /home/you/.buildout/eggs
zope-directory = /home/you/.buildout/zope

Even if you don't have this, you'll get a cache of eggs and downloads
inside your buildout, it just won't be shared across buildouts.

Martin