Do not remove downloads from plone.org

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Wed Oct 24 22:47:26 UTC 2007

Max M wrote:

> Or am I being overly paranoid?

No, you're not.  I always keep a copy of anything I install in my own
local src directory.  I work on the presumption that when I need to
rebuild something, its hosting website will be down, the versions
changed (dependency messes and all) and the author AWOL, and I have a
client standing over me demanding that it be 'just like it was' Right Now!

I assume buildout can use something like this.  Relying on remotely
hosted and maintained stuff for production systems is a disaster waiting
to happen.