How to avoid silly duplication errors when creating new content types?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Tue Oct 23 10:21:29 UTC 2007

Erik Forsberg, on 2007-10-22:
> Although I would enjoy if there were fewer places to change when I add
> a new type, I understand that each location have its purpose. This
> leads to the question on how to avoid making the mistakes - are there
> for example any tools that can help in making sure everything is in sync?

You can use ArchGenXML to generate your code.  It defines PROJECTNAME
in config.py and uses that in several spots where the project name is
needed.

You can use paster to generate boiler plate code for a new product.
If you give it the right info it will set the correct name in several
spots.

Genesis combines both approaches really:
http://svansson.org/articles/Generating-Plone-Products-without-UML

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/