Can the testbrowser handle REQUEST.SESSION?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Sat Oct 20 10:25:26 UTC 2007

Andreas Jung, on 2007-10-20:
> --On 19. Oktober 2007 22:29:35 -0200 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:
>> I have a product with one particular python script that, at a certain
>> point, needs to set a value in SESSION. That seems to work fine when I
>> try the product  manually, but, when I was writing functional doctests
>> for it using the testbrowser, I get an AttributeError saying that SESSION
>> doesn't exist. I tried creating a FakeRequestSession on app.REQUEST on
>> the doctest but that didn't help.
>>

> At least in ZopeTestCase you have to call setupCoreSessions() within your
> afterSetUp() method..check the spelling for the ZTC docs.

Ah, so that is what method does.  I wondered about that when seeing it
in the PloneGetPaid tests:

http://getpaid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/products/PloneGetPaid/tests/base.py

So Rodrigo: you can look there for inspiration.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/