ANN: collective.portlet.tal released

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Oct 20 03:39:07 UTC 2007

Please ignore this posting. Tom Lazar's blog entry at

<http://tomster.org/blog/archive/2007/10/19/spreading-the-word-on-customerize>

made things much more clearer. Unfortunately most Plone 3 users did not
about this feature (including myself). portal_view_customiziations is
basically what we need.

Is there a GS handler available for portal_view_customizations?

Andreas

--On 20. Oktober 2007 05:17:29 +0200 Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 20. Oktober 2007 00:16:59 +0100 Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is a bit of a safety valve. I actually hope no-one ever needs to use
>> this, but I think it'll be useful for some people.
>
> Thanks for picking up the TTW issues with Plone right now. Please keep in
> mind that TTW not only means that people are doing their stuff over the
> browser. At least our "scripters" develop their templates, scripts etc.
> on the filesystem using portal_skins but that's not directly TTW. This
> used to be a successful development model even for large applications.
> Moving a lot of stuff to browser views etc. made it hard for those people
> working on projects because they need extra training and customizations
> are much harder to achieve (independent of the fact the new architecture
> and the new way for "doing it right" is of course the right choice from
> the view of us core developers).
>
> Sorry-for-this-slightly-off-topic-followup :-)
> Andreas

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK