ANN: collective.portlet.tal released

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Oct 19 23:16:59 UTC 2007

Hi all,

This is a bit of a safety valve. I actually hope no-one ever needs to
use this, but I think it'll be useful for some people.

collective.portlet.tal (in the cheese shop - just add it to your
buildout or easy_install it) gives you a new type of portlet, the "TAL
Portlet". This gives you a big shiny text area where you can type TAL
code, much like you would a through-the-web page template
(RestrictedPython applies).

One caveat - I deliberately didn't pull global_defines in there. Things
like 'portal_url' won't work in the template. However, the default TAL
code shows how to look up the memoized plone_portal_state and
plone_context_state views, which contain all the variables you'll need
from global_defines in a more efficient, more controllable way.

See plone.app.layout.globals.interfaces to learn more about these two
views if you don't know about them already.

Cheers,
Martin