Best practices for upgrading schemas?

George Lee georgeleejr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:43:54 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Jon Baldivieso wrote:
>> I'm thinking about upgrading PressRoom's Press Contact content type; I
>> want to add a new field to its schema.

If all you are doing is adding a new field on the filesystem, then all the
content will automatically add it (there should be a how-to on plone.org
about this). If, however, you need that field to be indexed, or have a
default, or be required, you might need a couple of more steps.

I would write an external method, run it once, and get rid of it.

Peace,
George