Best practices for upgrading schemas?

Jon Baldivieso jonb at onenw.org
Mon Oct 15 22:57:47 UTC 2007

I'm thinking about upgrading PressRoom's Press Contact content type;
I want to add a new field to its schema.  What's the preferred time
to make sure migrate old instances of that content type to the new
schema?  Do I hook into Extensions.Install's install() method?  (I'm
assuming that contentmigrations has the code for walking the catalog
and touching each instance of these objects, but I'm not sure the
best point at which to make that option available.)

Pointers and/or references to code examples appreciated.  Thanks!

Jon Baldivieso
503.222.5064
ONE/Northwest Portland Office

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment