PAS Plugin

Derek Richardson derek.richardson at gatech.edu
Tue Oct 9 22:50:07 UTC 2007

I am using the CAS4PAS plugin from zope.org. The problem is, it allows
users to log in who aren't in the local plone user store. I want to
modify the plugin to create local plone users if they don't already
exist. Is this best done in the .createUser() of PAS?

Another question. I've examined CAS4PAS and it seems to be written in a
oldstyle way. I've also looked at the NoGoChallenger plugin and it seems
similar. When I mean oldstyle, the contrast (in my mind, newstyle) would
be to have a library (packaged as an egg) that automatically adds a
plugin (a z3 utility) via GenericSetup and then allows configuration
through a Plone configlet (Death to the ZMI!). Are there any examples of
doing a PAS plugin this way? Or does the underlying architecture require
it to be done the way I've seen in the two examples at which I've looked?

I hope everyone is having fun in Naples! I'll be online for the sprint
this weekend in Naples time - meaning I'll be online starting at 3 AM
here. ;)

Thanks,

/me wanders off to examine Products.PluggableAuthService