svn on production site

Héctor Velarde hvelarde at jornada.com.mx
Thu Oct 4 00:15:14 UTC 2007

George Lee wrote:
> Is it acceptable practice to use svn checkouts on a production site?

I don't know if this is acceptable for other people, but we do it all
the time, specially as we have in-house developments.

we also use SVN to keep record of all server configuration files
changes, and I think that's cool too.

> Also, if it is okay to use svn, any documentation on how to set up an online
> svn instead of on my home laptop? =)

what do you mean? setup a SVN repository? you better take a look at SVN
site to find out documentation on it: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

depending on your OS it's pretty easy to use it on your production
server: just install SVN and use "svn co <repository> <localdir>" and
"svn update <localdir>" at your convenience.