Portlet settings from a GS profile?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Oct 1 20:11:17 UTC 2007

Raphael Ritz, on 2007-10-01:
> Hi,
>
> in a "site product" I'm doing I would like to set the
> portlet configuration from an extension profile but
> I get the impression that that's currently (Plone 3.0.1)
> not supported - or am I missing something?
(snip)
> Doing this TTP is all nice and handy but how do I safe that
> in a profile? Is somebody already working on that?

I was wondering about this last week or so too.  Then I heard from
Wichert that this is indeed not (yet) possible.  Probably some ideas
are floating in some heads about how to do this.  I have not looked
further yet, but it should be possible; obvious starting points to
look at would be the code behind @@manage_portlets and behind the
types configlet.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]