Plone based photo database

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Thu Nov 29 16:21:09 UTC 2007

David Little wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started looking at something similar last year for a prototype image
> repository, and in fact am going to be picking this up again in the
> near future. I didn't find any products at the time, although we
> weren't really using Plone extensively then, so I didn't look very
> hard. I started building a protptype application using Plone and
> Beej's Python wrapper for the Flickr API. I remember it being
> reasonably easy to get up to speed with:
>
> http://flickrapi.sourceforge.net/
>
> PS, you also may want to post this request to plone-users?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> On 28/11/2007, David Bain <david.bain at alteroo.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, I'm going to use Flickr, so I'm now looking for the best
>> Flickr/Plone integration product. Any suggestions or feedback based on
>> experience?

ATPhoto support flicr: http://plone.org/products/atphoto/releases/1.0

    ATPhoto

      Flickr

Flickr has become a very popular service for hosting photos and building
communities. Plone can display photos from Flickr using RSS 2.0 feeds,
and even provide a mechanism to submit photos to Flickr using the Flickr
API <http://flickr.com/services/api/>.

This API allows the export of an ATPhoto directly to your Flickr
account. Just authenticate from Plone, define your tags, description and
the title of the photo on Flickr.