Getting Description on Folderish objects.

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Tue Nov 20 18:06:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007, JeanMichel FRANCOIS wrote:
>Why don't you use the description field from metadata ?

Perhaps because I'm reading the documentation and trying do to what's
described there to use (inherit) the standard fields from the base folder
class?

As I said in my original post, my first cut was to define a ``description''
field with accessor and mutator tagged values of ``Description''.

This morning, while composing this message, I tried creating a new text
field with name ``description'', accessor='Description'', and no mutator
specified.  This seems to work with the description in the create and edit
forms, and the description displayed in smart folders.

>I don't know if this can help you but for folderish, you have to modify sth to
>display it in view mode (i mean with base_view):
>MySchema['description'].isMetadata = 0

That does show in the base view, but not in the creation/edit forms.

Bill

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers