Getting Description on Folderish objects.

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Tue Nov 20 01:48:46 UTC 2007

I'm having a problem getting a Description field on product
generated with ArchGenXML from ArgoUML.

I tried adding a text field, ``description'' with accessor and
mutator = 'Description', but that resulted in ``TypeError:
Description() takes exactly 1 non-keyword argument'' when saving
a new object.

I then tried creating a field, ``description:copy'' with a
copy_from=BaseSchema (or BaseFolderSchema), which generated what
looked like appropriate code, but there's no description field in
the edit form when creating a new object.

python-2.4.4
zope-2.9.7
plone-2.5.3

I have created another product with description fields on
folderish objects without using the mutator and accessor tags.
These worked, but I don't think they put the description in smart
folders (or whatever we're calling them this week :-).

Bill

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it coses
when it's free -- P.J. O'Rourke