Extension profile does not change any properties

Jinshi jinshiz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:55:03 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am reading Martin Aspeli's new book and I find it is very helpful even
for plone-newbie like me. Finally I have the feeling of "that makes sense"!

Not surprisingly, I still have plenty questions. Here is one of them. I
created profiles/default/properties.xml and I am trying to change the
site title and description. I also updated the configure.zcml file in my
product to use extension profile. If you read that book, I just did what
is described in Chapter 5. Then I run a test to see if I changed the
title: self.portal.getProperty('title'). But it is still "Plone site".

The plone test site started fine with just a couple deprecation warning.
Does anyone have any idea how I can figure the problem out? And in
general how do I debug profile and zcml? Here, say how do I check if my
extension profile is used? What commands can I use in the pdb?

Thanks for any advice.

Jinshi