Publish state and Plone3

franciscoj.fuentes.ext at juntadeandalucia.es franciscoj.fuentes.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Sun Nov 18 14:27:29 UTC 2007

Hello.

I need to create and publish a Topic (I ask for help some days before) using
only python code, I mean, with no interaction of the user. Somebody point me
to the Pressroom product, that makes what I need and helps me a lot. Now I
have a problem with the "published" state of the
"simple_publication_workflow". As the Pressroom products states after creating
a PreesRoom entry, Plone3 creates objects in "private" state and is need make
changes after.
Well, my problem is that I made this interaction using python code in the
after_install event of the Archgenxml product I'm developing. The state change
is logged correctly (I made a "publish" doActionFor), but the final state of
the new object is not what is supposed to be, I mean, the state is "published"
and the object is not visible but for the owner (the admin user), what is not
what has to be [the entry in the navigation panel keep red color, but state is
published]. More, If I made, using the advanced form for state change, a "keep
current state" transition, the object then corrects the strange state.

Is needed that this transition were made using a POST/form? Or I need to make
the state change after the installation of the product? Or I forget some
aditional call after state change?

Again, thank you for your time and patience.

Regards,
   Fran.