Quick Fix Proposal for Plone.Org PloneSoftwareCenter

Héctor Velarde hvelarde at jornada.com.mx
Thu Nov 15 03:15:33 UTC 2007

Steve McMahon wrote:
> The adoption of buildout has aggravated a problem with the
> PloneSoftwareCenter: it is very difficult to keep old versions of
> product packages online. I have a proposal for a quick fix.

Steve, I don't know the internals behind PloneSoftwareCenter so this
could be out of topic here.

I remember we had a meeting on how to improve the products experience in
Plone's web site one year ago at the Seattle Conference and I heard Limi
said that you were about to discuss the future of PSC in the sprint
right after the Naples Conference.

I think it is probably time to move that part of the web site to another
Plone instance that lets you start adding more features, like the ones
discussed, without disturbing your efforts on maintaining the main site.

products.plone.org? who knows!

saludos