Uninstalling GenericSetup profiles

fromagique z8kflt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:05:47 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I have developed products for Plone 2.5, and now am looking at moving up to
3.x, using Martin Aspeli's book as a tutorial.  However, I am a little
hesitant about going the route of using GenericSetup profiles, since from
what I've read on these lists and other places, there is currently no
support for uninstalling them, as there is with Plone 2.5 products through
the Quick Installer.

Does anyone have information about when it will become possible to uninstall
GenericSetup profiles as easily as it works to uninstall a product written
to use the 2.5 QuickInstaller?  Or, if I have misread something and it is
possible now, please feel free to point out how this can be done...

Thanks!